Job Posting # 2017-001
GUI Designer – Project Based, Part-time Contract w/ Option to Renew Annually
We are looking for a talented Graphical User Interface Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful User Interface software design. The successful candidate will be able to work with management and software developers to transform ideas into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Develop designs for marketing materials for the software product User Interface development
- Proven work experience as a software User Interface visual items designer
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- 3 – 5 years of experience with execution of all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- B.S. degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or a Visual Arts subject
- M.S. degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or a Visual Arts subject
Please send resume and cover letter to Claudia Hill, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Job Posting 2017-001 in your cover letter.
We are always on the lookout for the best and brightest industry talent. If you want to be on the forefront of developing the systems and products that protect our vital infrastructure, get in touch.